Sunday, March 9, 2008

Self Improvement is Masterbation. Now Self-Awarness...

Ahh yeah this is my first blog ever. This is my first post ever. Not quite sure where to begin here, especially since the first words you will have ever read by me are "Ahhh." I mean that hardly encompasses my capacity for speech and the written word. The title of this blog I will admit is rather dull and will give you the chance to write me off rather quickly. Because I mean honestly who the hell truly wants to listen to a newly turned 18-year-old "adult" (March 3 for those who care enough to take the time to inquire, I'll save you the time). As a generation I consider things at face value. I don't consider subtle underlying truths anymore than expected fact. The truth is the truth, the law is the law. I don't mine the challenge of authority but I do except the fact that this authority exists, and is and will be ever present (See: Big Brother, See: "Insert seemingly obscure book/movie reference here that will hopefully get me take seriously...). I believe that my opinion is just as relevant as a forty year old "seen it all" type. I think my first blog post is turning into a plea to be taken seriously. I think most people spend their lives doing what I am attempting to do in a single post. Right now Fight Club is flashing across my screen to the right of my computer. "Might make a good anti-smoking add...very modern art"...I could go on but I won't. I don't work for a major car company, I don't prey for a midair collision and I don't have life insurance. Does the fact that I discovered the wonder of Chuck Palahniuk after the release of Fight Club make me less of a person than someone who "knew that guy all along". Because I mean after all, "that one guy always knew that Chuck P...ahh whats his name doesn't matter was always going to be something". That one guy, those dozen guys knew before I did. They are superior. I am a mortal and they are trendy in their little clubs. My suitcase has never vibrated. I am going to write about the things that are important to me. I like movies. I like the movies more than most people. I mean I don't have to many genuine passions, I mean after all despite what the government claims I'm a kid. I am passionate about films. I love talking about them. I could talk all day about what I like, don't like. So maybe I'll talk and maybe you'll listen. I am that kid who will go to the movies without an entourage, I'll go because it looks good The movie keeps right on going and no one in the audience has any idea.
So maybe this blog is something I'll do with my spare time, something that will keep me busy. After all I am a senior in high school...there is nothing to do. Maybe you'll read it, maybe you won't, maybe I'll never tell anyone about this, and maybe I'll forget in a week. But hey, not all of us can have ascending bowl cancer.

No comments: